Friday, August 29, 2014

State Troopers! | Ft. Myers Photographer

     I admit it, when I see those black and yellow cars I immediately step on my brakes, check my speedometer and try to get my heart rate back to normal.  Now perhaps that just says that I am usually driving too fast but that would mean I confess to breaking the law, I'll just say I always carry a healthy respect for the men in uniform who daily put their lives on the line for my safety.

     One day this summer I got to meet a some of those who sacrifice their time and their safety, one of them even had four feet!  Meet The Jackal...
 
I was asked to take retirement pictures but when I got to the location, The Jackal bounded out of the car and greeted me enthusiastically!  I could hardly believe this was the retiree!  He enjoyed all the attention he was getting having his picture taken and I had a good time getting to know his handlers.  The love and devotion these guys had to their canine partner was quite evident and endearing.
 
 
 
 
Despite his boundless energy, The Jackal will be retiring in September of 2014.  He and his handlers have been working with Florida Highway Patrol on the Contraband Interdiction Unit.  The CIU engages in the detection and apprehension of drug traffickers and other criminal offenders that utilize the roadways of Florida. 
 
Michael Grider, Jack's primary handler, is a 20 year FHP veteran.
 
 
Booker Ferrell, a 14 year FHP veteran, is Mike's Felony partner so he also gets a chance to work with Jack. 
 
 
Together with The Jackal, these two fine men keep our roadways a little safer.  I admit, meeting them to take pictures was a much more fun meeting than one on the side of the road!  LOL.  I walked away from this shoot even more grateful for all the men and women in uniform who serve us everyday.  Through the opportunity I had to take these photos, I got the chance to see them for who they are.  Guys who watch out for each other, love their canine partner, and have a sense of humor.  Men who are willing  to put their life on the line for the safety of others.  Thank you Michael, Booker and Jack, and thanks to all the other amazing troopers for all you do!
Jennifer Adams
J&B Photo Reflect
 
PS. One parting shot of The Jackal showing us how much fun he was having! 
 
 











































sdfsgsdfgs

No comments:

Post a Comment