Sunday, May 11, 2014

Ft Myers Photographer | Mommy Blogger | Mother's Day

 
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
 
 
Last night for a Mother's Day treat my sister, my mother, and I went out for dinner and a movie.  We had so much fun and documented the night by taking a selfie of every new moment!  :)  We laughed until we cried (as we usually do when we get together) at some of our crazy antics. It was a really good night.  We saw Mom's Night Out.  It was a great movie that most all mothers would find hilarious because most all mothers have felt the way the lead girl felt.  She was a "Mommy Blogger".
(I didn't even know that was a word or a thing...but I googled it and sure enough, not only is mommy blogger a word but there are thousands of mommy blogs out there...and they even rated the top 100 Mommy blogs!  Oh my goodness!  )
I'm still not quite sure what a mommy blogger is but I am a mommy and I am blogging...so...I guess that makes it a mommy blog.  Since I am writing a Mommy blog, I wanted to include a picture of my own family.  I am not usually in front of the camera all though I ham it up when I am.  My Mother tells me I was born smiling for the camera:). 
 
Back to the movie...
 I found this movie touching and heartfelt as just recently I have been reflecting on my role as a mother.  I lamented to my husband that when they were all little I used to be a good mom. I was organized and planned ahead.  I didn't put my life on hold, I still went everywhere with all four of them in tow.  I seemed to have more patience and instead of yelling when I found them covered in peanut butter on the only room in the house with carpet, I took pictures.  Its not peanut butter smeared everywhere, its the arguing and fighting and bickering that drives me to the point of no return.   I have a 14 year...that should explain a lot!  I have twin 12 year olds and a nine year old.  Two girls, two boys.  So needless to say, at least 3 people in my house know everything at all times!!  It is usually not me or my husband!  LOL. I am learning everyday, some days I get the lessons better than others.  Some days my patience wears thin and I have a "MOMENT".  Then I spend twice as long as I spent losing my patience feeling guilty for losing my patience!  UGH!  I have been told it will get better once they are grown and become my friends again.  Til then, I will try to breathe and live the moments..and of course document it all with lots of pictures!  Maybe if I take pictures it will make it cuter!  I'm going to try it!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment